Wednesday, March 26, 2014

GOVINDA'S- Karama- Dubai

I have tried out the natural ice creams at Govindas before and make it a point to pop in if I'm ever around in that vicinity but not yet the food, hence we thought alright lets try out their veggie dishes. The interiors are a bit like something out of a Bollywood movie set with fake trees etc and dim lighting. I guess they wanted to give a Vrindavan(The birth place of Lord Krishna) feel to the place.

I guess the dishes are made without the use of onions of garlic(since they are supposed to stimulate the central nervous system and Food items prepared mixing with Garlic and onion give off profound smell )


Basically ALL the dishes are centered around paneer. Gosh, I never knew paneer could be cooked in SO many different ways!


After the customary pappad with mint chutney and salad, we ordered the Naan and paneer kolhapuri. The Naans were just aweseom, soft and delicious. The Paneer kolhapuri was good as well although I expected it to be more spicy.




I ordered the Thali, some of the dishes were OK OK such as the Tawa vegetable, but some which were really good was the Corn palak and Aloo achari and Dal panchratna. The Dal especially was absolutely bursting with flavor. The highlight of the Thali was the Mint cooler! Yes you read it right the mint cooler actually had MINT in it(I have had mint based drinks in some restaurants where there is no mint in it at all).



The price of the thali was DHS35, a bit steep yes but the number of dishes are a lot including 3 sweets and mini samosa etc.

Service was good our waiter was really attentive.

Will I be back? YES I will :D

No comments:

Post a Comment