Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Nellara, Qusais, Dubai- Part 2

After trying out their meals we had to return to try out their other dishes during the evening or mornings.

We were served complimentary Chukku kaapi and plate of salad. Chukku kaapi is made of dried ginger and jaggery, its extremely good for sore throats and colds. Also helps in digestion.



From out seats we could see the chef preparing Appams and my mind was made up! Appams it is!

I got the Appam and the special of the day Egg mulakittathu literally meaning egg in a chilli based gravy. The egg curry was superb! Although it looked really spicy I assume due to the addition of Kashmiri chilli powder to give that fiery RED color to it the dish was not TOO spicy that it would blow your lid off. It was perfect paired with the Appams. The Appams also were done very well. Perfect blend of sourness and sweetness with the crispy exterior.



My partner got the Rice puttu and green peas curry. The best dish of the evening I would say was the green peas curry! Such flavor from a simple curry made of peas and coconut milk. It was thick and delicious even when paired with the appams. Loved the green peas curry. 


For drinks we got the Nellara special tender coconut milkshake and Nannari sarbath soda. The tender coconut milk shake had pieces of tender coconut on top and was OK but I guess it could be a little more sweet, it is a good drink for those watching their diet. The Nannari sarbath drink was too good, reminded me of the lemon soda drinks we used to buy from the street shops in Kerala.



The service was excellent. Our waiter was a chatty fellow, inquiring about our hometown etc. I guess some folks dont really like chatty waiters but I don't mind them, it adds to the warmth of the whole eating out experience. 

Really liked the food at Nellara. 5/5 I say :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment