Saturday, February 1, 2014

De Thali- Qusais

Sorry gals/guys if your expecting a bad review for De thali, my review is surprisingly the opposite! Yes yesss I know my previous review of De Thali was not a flattering one but I guess why I formed such an opinion was that because I ordered take away and although their packaging is really cool and all that the quantity for a "thali' was not enough.

We thought to give De Thali a chance once again after a Saturday morning shopping session in LULU hypermarket, Qusais. (we were too tired to go outside the hypermarket in search of food). And oh boy! I don't regret it one bit.

The interiors are quirky and fun. The art work helps in distracting ones mind from hunger pangs :D the tit bits of information about various fruits, veggies and Indian dishes on the helps too. Very clean interiors and well light.




The waiter who served us was a Filipino and he was really nice. All smiles and warmth.

Of course we would order the Thali! (What did you expect?) I LOVE thalis and make it a point to try thalis in different restaurants. The Thalis are served in these massive silver plate which  is SO heavy! but the spread looks so visually appealing!



For me the vegetarian thali which came with a lovely creamy dal makhani, grilled paneer(2 pieces), paneer butter masala, rice, choice of naan or roti, 2 sabji's, a sweet dish, pickles, pappad, yogurt, salad. Folks I tell you the Dal Makhani was so damn superb, I could have married it! Even after I finished the meal I had to ask for some more Dal Makhani because it tasted so awesome! Although the veg thali comes with plain old steamed rice I asked the waiter if he could get me Nei choru (ghee rice) instead of that, which he kindly obliged :) how sweet! He also got me 1 more sweet(gulab jamun)... such lovely service.

My mum got the fish thali which comes with sambar and a curry made of coconut with potatoes (not too sure about the name) but both of them tasted yummy. Along with prawns fried and Meen mulakkitathu(fish curry Kerala style).



My dad went in for the Hyderabadi chicken biryani and he gave it the thumbs up too :)



The only thing that spoiled the whole experience in drinking water(ARWA) was charged as 7DHS! :( Gosh that was a shocker really.

But I really do like the food here and will definitely go back after buying drinking water from Lulu downstairs ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment