Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Chef Lanka- Karama- Dubai

This would be my first ever post in my food blog :) Chef Lanka is a restaurant I've always wanted to try every time we pass by it to go to the Indian restaurants in Karama. After our trip to Sri Lanka and falling in love with their spicy food I decided alright lets do it, lets go to Chef Lanka. 

The place is not grand and over the top. Simple decor of Sri Lankan facemasks on the walls. I was bit disappointed that I could not get Rice and curry, which is a staple of Sri Lanka.. The ROTI items were also available for dinner only, hence had to settle for Fried rice and devilled mushrooms both of which was tasty :) served with special srilankan chilli paste.. Also ordered the onion sambol which was SPICY! just the way I love it.. 

My dad and hubby ordered a dish "Lamprais" which is basically stock infused rice+fried chicken+egg+eggplant and some other curry wrapped inside banana leaf and they said it tasted good too :)

Don't go there expecting great interiors but they have done their best in the limited space.. will surely go back there to try the Rotis and Appams perhaps for dinner :)
Lamprais

Decor

Face masks of Sri Lanka


Fried Rice and Devilled Mushrooms

Decorations








1 comment:

  1. Good work Chiths! Definitely getting my mouth watery :)

    ReplyDelete