Saturday, December 13, 2014

Pappa Roti, Mirdif, Dubai UAE

A visit to papparoti was really overdue. Every time we pass by we get this whiff of an Indian curry made with yogurt. I know that weird but that's the smell I always get when I pass by them! And the place is always packed with people which made me curious. 



So we did visit them and I ordered the Cookie crème combo which is basically a cookie milkshake with a bun. And my hubby went in for the Chicken Tikka wrap. 




First of all, the menu does not specify the different type of Bun we can order or the fillings we get. When I asked the waiter he told me you can ask for any filling but their original is just plain butter. Since I wanted to get the real taste without any fancy fillings for a first time experience I went in for the butter bun. 

The bun, which is their most famous item, is basically nice, really soft and fluffy. It looks big but it’s like those packets of chips which are filled with nitrogen inside and less quantity of chips. The butter just oozes out of the bun onto the paper below (I’m not complaining). The milkshake though was really nice but the addition of whipped cream on top was a bit too much.

Hubby was satisfied with the chicken tikka wrap, which comes with chips and 2 varieties of dips. 

Price wise I feel it’s not worth the hype. I mean it’s just a bun no matter how soft! Service was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment